Thursday, December 16, 2010

Our little Christmas miracle

----Just to warn you I am saving all the baby post until we get farther along. When these are posted there will be alot of them. About a months worth. So on Monday 12-13-2010 I woke up at six in the morning and had to pee. Problem was that this was day five before my next cycle so I wanted to take a pregnancy test. Being so early and wanting to use the first morning pee I took the test. It almost immediately gave me one line-- Negative. Bla it was to early and I figured nope not this time. So I threw it in the trash and went back to bed. I didn't wake up again until noon. I again had to pee so I went into the bathroom and figured I might as well look again. So I took the test out of the trash and to my amazement there was another faint line. I wanted to scream with excitement but wanted to double check before I got too excited. Chris and I went to target and got a digital test. Unfortunately I had to go to school to study for my math final, so retesting was going to have to happen in a few hours. Later that day when I got home no one else was at home. I couldn't wait so I took the test and set it down and when I went back to check it said PREGNANT!!!!!!! Oh my gosh it is real! We will have a little addition to our family around Aug 25, 2011. That is according to my calculations.

I contacted the miracle man(Dr.Hammoud) and let them know that I had two positive tests. He told me to go get blood work done and if it was positive to have it drawn again 48 hours later to make sure that I am progressing normally. I went in that Tuesday 12-14-2010 and had my first test drawn. On Wednesday they contacted me and confirmed that it was positive and looking good. My hcg numbers were 129 and after another 48 hours it was at the least supposed to double. I was so anxious to find out if it had doubled like it should have. Lucky for me Chris mom checked out my labs and called us later that night. She said to Chris "Guess who's pregnant?" Chris just laughed and told her that we already knew. I asked her if it had doubled from the first test and she said it had!!! Yay!!My number was 419! The next step is to go in for a viability ultrasound at about six weeks to make sure everything is good then he will send me back to my normal ob/gyn. Today is 12-16-2010 and I am four weeks and one day along!

OUr baby journey has been a long hard one filled with many trials, but we now have our beautiful baby in the making. Chris and I are so excited. Okay I'm a little more excited than he is(I think he is a little more nervous than I am, lol). I am not going to post this until around ten weeks but I wanted to get this down while it was fresh in my mind. Now to just wait for the six week ultrasound. We should be able to see the heart beet. So at the six week apt we will also find out if our little one is healthy and strong! The anticipation is going to kill me!

12-17-2010

I called the doctor to set up the viability ultra sound and they asked that I make an appointment after the 2nd of January. Chris wanted me to set it up for a Friday just in case he got the job with the state so he could go to the apt too. So my viability ultrasound is scheduled for Friday 01-07-2011 at 12:45. I cant wait to see the little peanut! At that apt ill be 7 weeks and 2 days along,according to my calculations.

No comments:

Post a Comment